Here´s a delicious, nice and quick to prepare Berry Pie idea for X-mas. The original recipe I saw @karitatykka´s instagram already a year ago but as it is so good and easy to make, I keep preparing it every now and then. You can change the cereals according to your own choice and make it more your kind of pie. You can also change the coconut cream for oat cream for example or even an ice-cream if you want so. Just use your imagination and try different flavours and options. Hope you like it!
For the crust:
- 1,3 cups (3dl) gluten free oat flakes
- 0,6 cups (1,5 dl) buckwheat flour
- 0,8 cups (2dl) fresh dates
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1-2 tbsp water (the amount depends how fresh the dates are)
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil or ghee
Marmalade on top of the crust:
- 600gr frozen berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, cherries)
- liquid sweetener according to how sweet you want the marmalade to be, you can use ecologic honey, maple syrup, any cereal based syrup, coco syrup etc. You could also use apple sauce or smashed cooked apples.
- ½-1 tsp of vainilla powder
- 0,4 cups (1 dl) water where you mix 1,5 tbsp potato starch or any other starch
Topping and decoration:
- 2 cans of coconut cream
- 1-2 tsp of liquid sweetener (raw honey for example)
1.Preheat the oven +/- 180 – 200 Cº / 356 – 392F.
2. Mix all the ingredients of the crust in a kitchen robot until you get a dough you can spread with your hands into the cake pan.
3. Spread the dough to the bottom and to the edges of the cake pan you have previously covered with a baking paper. Dock the bottom with a fork and bake it 10-15minutes, meanwhile you prepare the marmalade.
4. Put the frozen berries to the cooking pot and add the sweetener. Let them boil 10-15minutes and you can crush the berries if you want with a fork or with a blender. Then add the water where you have already mixed the starch and stir all the time. The mermelade starts getting thicker. If you want to get thicker marmalade, add some more water and starch.
5. Take out the marmalade from the fire and the crust from the oven. Add the mermelade on top of the crust and put it back to the oven for another 10-15minutes, until the crust has a beautiful golden-brown color. Allow to cool properly.
6. Take out the coconut cream cans from the fridge. You must put them there the night before! Take the cream part of the coco cream from top of the can, add some sweetener if you want and whisp until you get a cream. Sometimes is good to put the whipped cream in a fridge for like a 10-15 minutes and it comes a little thicker with the cold.
7. Once you have whipped the coconut cream then, put it on top of the pie and then decorate with fresh berries. And enjoy!